The Toronto South Local Immigration Partnership is a partnership focused on developing a local settlement strategy that coordinates and enhances service delivery to newcomers while promoting innovation and efficient use of resources.
The objectives of our LIP are:
- To improve the social and economic integration outcomes of vulnerable newcomer populations through the creation and implementation of a settlement strategy and a settlement service action plan.
- To involve newcomers, settlement service organizations, employers and other neighbourhood stakeholders in a process to develop a Partnership Council and create and promote the settlement strategy.
- To create and implement a detailed settlement service action plan and new pilot initiatives in the areas of service coordination and mentoring in our catchment area.
Funders and Supporters
The Toronto South LIP is generously supported by:
- Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
- The City of Toronto
- LIP Council and Working Group member agencies