The Toronto South Immigration Partnership is a community partnership focused on developing local settlement strategies that coordinate and enhance service delivery to newcomers while promoting innovation and efficient use of resources.
Our LIP is one of approximately 20 Local Immigration Partnerships across Ontario designed to provide a collaborative framework to facilitate the development and implementation of sustainable solutions for the successful integration of newcomers to Ontario that are local and regional in scope.
The Toronto South LIP runs west from Victoria Park Ave to Parkside Drive/Keele Street, and north from Lake Ontario up to St. Clair Avenue West (see Map).
The structure of the Toronto South LIP includes a
- Newcomer Advisory Committee
- Partnership and Service Coordination Committee
- 4 Implementation Working Groups:
- Health and Mental Health Working Group
- Settlement Services Working Group
- Systemic Issues and Social Change Working Group
- Social Inclusion and Welcoming Communities Working Group
All of these groups operate under the guidance and oversight of the Executive Committee.